Arizona State University in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation will provide graduate scholarships to train 25 Mastercard Foundation alumni at the Master’s level for various programs over the next 5 years (2021 – 2025). This scholarship program is situated within EdPlus, a central enterprise unit for ASU, focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education.
About 5 Scholarships are available for students admitted for the 2021/2022 academic year, which will cover the full tuition fees, expenses for accommodation, and comprehensive support for the 2-year graduate program. On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Arizona State University, including leadership curriculum, individual mentorship, and other events and programming.
About Mastercard Foundation
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. All people, no matter where their starting point in life, should have an equal chance to succeed. We believe that with access to education, financial services, and skills training, people can have that chance. Our focus is helping economically disadvantaged young people in Africa to find opportunities to move themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty to a better life.
Organisation: Mastercard Foundation
Country to study: United States
School to study: Arizona State University
Course to study: View courses
State of Origin:
Gender: Men and Women
Application Deadline: October 19
Aim and Benefits of Mastercard Foundation/Arizona State University Masters Scholarship
The Scholarship will cover the following:
- Costs incurred for visa application processing
- Costs incurred for English language tests
- Costs incurred for GRE or other equivalent exams
- Airfare to and from Phoenix, Arizona
- Full tuition, books and fees
- Participation in Scholarship programming
Awards are tenable for the duration of the graduate program of study, and at the end of the award, candidates will be expected to return to Africa.
Mastercard Foundation/Arizona State University Masters Scholarship Courses
- Computer Science
- Digital Culture
- Graphic Information Technology
- Information Technology
- Learning Sciences
- Software Engineering
- User Experience
Requirements for Mastercard Foundation/Arizona State University Masters Scholarship Qualification
- Applicants must want to apply for one of our eligible programs listed above.
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice, that includes a high level of English proficiency.
- Applicants must be a citizen of an African country.
- Applicants must be an alumnus of a Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program before July 2021 (*Please refer to the application question: “Please select the institution where you graduated as an Mastercard Foundation Scholar” for the full list of eligible Scholars Program institutions).
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 on or before the application deadline.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community.
- Applicants must not have studied or intend to take up other graduate study before August 2021.
- Applicants must be able to live in Phoenix, Arizona for the duration of the program.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Mastercard Foundation on asu.co1.qualtrics.com to apply
There are 2 ways to submit your application:
- To submit an online application.
- If you have limited internet access, you can complete and submit a downloadable version of the application. To access the downloadable form click HERE.
For more details, visit the scholarship website